HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Course (8 hours)
Our new HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Course is running weekly at our Alexandria & Liverpool training centre. We now run the new 2021 HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set.
HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
8 hours face to face (2 hours of online pre-study)
(Public course in Alexandria & Liverpool)
Onsite Occupational First Aid Courses – minimum 6 participants (please contact us for group bookings)
Our HLTSS00068 Occupational First Aid Skill set is a nationally recognised and we will provide all participants a qualification to be an Advanced First Aider at their workplace and any other required sitiuations. Our course is hands on with many practical and real life senarios.
8 hours practical face-to-face
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. single and two-rescuer CPR, using a bag-valve-mask, select and insert an appropriate airway adjunct, manage oxygen equipment and use an AED to deliver at least one shock)
- Place a casualty into the recovery position
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on a simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Coordinate a multiple casualty incident
- Manage a casualty with a life-threatening bleed and provide oxygen
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the life-threatening bleed scenario
- Maintain resuscitation equipment
- Conduct a workplace risk assessment
- Develop a first aid response plan including strategies for management of incidents
- Use a first-aid checklist to service a workplace first aid kit for supplies’ replacement and equipment maintenance
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
Qualification & Certificates
After successfully completing the training, all participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
HLTSS00068 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
HLTAID014 – Provide Advanced First Aid
HLTAID016 – Manage first aid services and resources
HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
Book your courese today!
All other certificates are issued within 24 to 48 hours. Any additional A4 Hard Copy and wallet-sized certificates can be issued for an additional $10 (ask our staff for more details) to help keep certification details handy.
We run monthly courses at our training centres in Alexandria & Liverpool:
Alexandria – Shop 29, 506 Botany Road, Alexandria 2015 (Close to Green Square train station)
Liverpool – Suite 5, Level 1 – 171 Bigge Street, Liverpool 2170 (Close to Liverpool train station)
We also offer Onsite First Aid courses at your workplace from a minimum of 6 participants.
We run daily courses at our training centre in Liverpool:
Suite 5, Level 1 – 171 Bigge Street, Liverpool 2170 (Close to Liverpool train station)
We run daily courses at our Liverpool Training Centre. We are located in the heart of Liverpool at Suite 5 / Level 1 – 171 Bigge Street, Liverpool 2170.
How to get to our training centre:
By train – Our training centre is close to Liverpool train station. Only a short 5 minute walk from the train station.
By car – There is a car park right next to our training centre which offers plenty of parking. Please head to the Warren Serviceway Parking Station in Liverpool.
We also offer Onsite First Aid courses at your workplace from a minimum of 4 participants.
Onsite Group Courses
Nationally recognised training
First Aid Coach Sydney is partnered with Allens Training (RTO 90909) which will issue a national recognised certificate.