Asthma & Anaphylaxis Management course 22556VIC & 22578VIC
Our course in the management of Asthma and Anaphylxis 22556VIC & 22578VIC is a requirement for childcare workers and centre directors. The course will cover on how to manage and respond to asthma and anaphylaxis emergencies in childcare centres and pre-schools.
Asthma & Anaphylaxis management 22556VIC & 22578VIC
30 minutes face to face (1 hour of online pre-study)
$95 (Public courses in Alexandria & Liverpool)
$95pp for Onsite First Aid Courses – minimum 4 participants (please contact us for group bookings)
Our course in Management of Asthma & Anaphylaxis 22556VIC & 22578VIC is a requirement for childcare workers and centre directors. The course will cover the management of children with Asthma and Anaphylaxis in a childcare centre or pre-school.
30 minutes practical face-to-face
- First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a risk assessment for asthma and anaphylaxis and an individual management plan for a child with asthma and anaphylaxis based on a case study and information provided
- Individual asthma and anaphylaxis management plan for a child, which includes a communication plan to raise awareness of the child’s allergies, triggers and their management plan
- Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
Face to face training:
- Performance tasks:
- Administer asthma medication without a spacer
- Administer the adrenaline autoinjector for anaphylaxis
- First aid for allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Practical scenarios:
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
Qualification & Certificates
After successfully completing the training, all participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace (valid for 3 years)
22578VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis (valid for 3 years)
– VU23090 – Provide First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
– VU23091 – Develop Risk Minimisation and Risk Management Strategies for Anaphylaxis
We issue certificates on the same day!
Only for training completed during week days. All other certificates are issued by close of business the following business day. Any additional A4 Hard Copy and wallet-sized certificates can be issued for an additional $10 (ask our staff for more details) to help keep certification details handy.
We run daily courses at our training centres in Alexandria & Liverpool:
Alexandria – 506 Botany Road (Close to Green Square train station)
Liverpool – Suite 5, Level 1, 171 Bigge Street (Close to Liverpool train station)
We also offer Onsite First Aid courses at your workplace from a minimum of 4 participants.
Public courses at our training centres in Alexandria and Liverpool
Onsite training at your workplace, home or sports club (minimum 4 participants). Please contact us for group bookings.
Onsite Group Courses
Nationally Accredited Course
First Aid Coach Sydney is partned with Allens Training (RTO 90909) which will issue a national accredited certificate. All of our courses are nationally recognised and workplace approved.